Last updated: June 5, 2017
WHO PROCESSES YOUR PERSONAL DATA, AND WHERE?
MySmokyMountainTravel does not knowingly collect or process data from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years old.
THE INFORMATION MYSMOKYMOUNTAINTRAVEL GATHER
MySmokyMountainTravel may also gather information from cookies or web beacons. You can find out more about how these mechanisms operate in the relevant section of this policy below. MySmokyMountainTravel also collects IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the Site, homes you viewed, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, and other details of your activity on the Site. If you ask MySmokyMountainTravel to connect with other sites (for example if you ask MySmokyMountainTravel to connect with your Facebook account) MySmokyMountainTravel may gather Personal Information through said connected site.
In connection with electronic communications that MySmokyMountainTravel may facilitate through a Site, MySmokyMountainTravel uses electronic or manual checks to monitor such communications for trust and security purposes. For further details on how MySmokyMountainTravel collects personal data, see Surveys and Communications below.
Your Personal Information is obtained by MySmokyMountainTravel by and/or through: your registration on the Site; the automatic collection of said information as you utilize the Site; direct communication with the Users by MySmokyMountainTravel, or third-parties with whom Users and MySmokyMountainTravel mutually connect. Third-party information may include information from your mobile provider if you are accessing the Site over a mobile device or information from a third-party such as a social media or travel opinions site with whom you have asked MySmokyMountainTravel to share your data.
HOW MYSMOKYMOUNTAINTRAVEL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The primary purpose in collecting your Personal Information is to provide you with the services you request and those which MySmokyMountainTravel believe will optimize your use of the Site. You agree that MySmokyMountainTravel may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- For the services provided on the Site or to support your request;
- To contact you from time-to-time with User or service updates;
- To send other messages that help MySmokyMountainTravel provide its services on the Site;
- To assist people with whom you have done (or have agreed to do) business. For example, if you are an owner and a customer who has booked or inquired with you needs your details MySmokyMountainTravel may pass those details along to said customer. If you are a customer and an owner you have booked with needs to contact you MySmokyMountainTravel may give them your details;
- To customize, measure, report on and improve its services, content and advertising;
- To promote services related to MySmokyMountainTravel;
- To compare information for accuracy, update its records, and verify said information with the MySmokyMountainTravel third-party affiliates;
- To prevent, investigate or prosecute activity MySmokyMountainTravel thinks may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful; and
MySmokyMountainTravel collates statistics about site traffic, sales and other commercial information which MySmokyMountainTravel passes onto third-parties to assist MySmokyMountainTravel with improving the services MySmokyMountainTravel provides to you. MySmokyMountainTravel also uses demographic information to tailor the Site and MySmokyMountainTravel shares that information with third-parties so that it can build a better picture of its customer base and general consumer trends.
If you are a property owner or manager, MySmokyMountainTravel may also display your phone number on the listing itself to enable customers to contact you and to restrict fraudulent behavior. MySmokyMountainTravel may also contact you about your account and your use of its services.
HOW MYSMOKYMOUNTAINTRAVEL MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
MySmokyMountainTravel may disclose your personal data to enforce its policies, or where MySmokyMountainTravel is permitted (or believe in good faith that MySmokyMountainTravel is required) to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, or in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect its property and other rights or interests.
MySmokyMountainTravel may also share your personal data with:
- Its partners if you’ve requested their services or if you’ve requested to be provided with information by them;
- MySmokyMountainTravel’s liability insurance provider, including customer information related to covered stays;
- Another Site Member if you have done business with them;
- MySmokyMountainTravel’s third-party payment processing service provider(s);
- Other companies or business entities with whom MySmokyMountainTravel is contemplating doing business. For example, if MySmokyMountainTravel is determining the efficacy of a merger or sale, then MySmokyMountainTravel may share Personal Information with the target company for the sole purpose of verifying the financial information provided to said target company by MySmokyMountainTravel;
- Third-parties with whom MySmokyMountainTravel may engage in order to feature all or part of the property listings or otherwise provide promotional or other services related to MySmokyMountainTravel. This may include featuring your listings and photographs on other websites;
- Any third-party with whom you have asked MySmokyMountainTravel to share your personal data (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, etc.); or
- Any legal or governmental entity pursuant to a subpoena or other legal request, or as necessary to remit certain taxes in the course of verifying payments.
If you have accessed the Site through a hyperlink from the website of one of its partners, then you hereby expressly consent to sharing your Personal Information, including behavioral patterns, with the purveyor of said website.
MySmokyMountainTravel may offer different communications from time-to-time intended to enhance the services offered by MySmokyMountainTravel. Users may cancel their subscription to these communications at any time, although it may take a short while for the changes in your preferences to become effective.
MySmokyMountainTravel also uses surveys to collect information about its Users. From time-to-time, MySmokyMountainTravel request Users’ input in order to evaluate potential features and services. The decision to answer a survey is completely yours. MySmokyMountainTravel use information gathered from surveys to improve its services.
When you download or use apps relating to its website, MySmokyMountainTravel may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. MySmokyMountainTravel may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, MySmokyMountainTravel recommends consulting your device’s manual, or contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
INQUIRIES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Customers may send inquiries to property owners or managers via clickable links on the listings on a Site. Further, Customers and property owners or managers may communicate with each other via tools on a Site. If you choose to send an inquiry or booking request through these links, your Personal Information, including your email address and any other information you supply (unless the Site specifies otherwise), will be visible to the property owner or manager in question so that they might reply directly to you. Your details may also be sent to MySmokyMountainTravel and MySmokyMountainTravel have access to those communications even if you contact the property owner or manager directly. If property owners or managers and Customers further engage in communications through a Site, MySmokyMountainTravel also have access to those communications, which MySmokyMountainTravel monitors for compliance and security purposes. Additionally, those inquiries and messages may be hosted on, be processed by or transmit through its servers. If you engage in such communications and call the other party, you may be asked to leave a return telephone number. Do not share information in the e-mail or phone call that you are not prepared to allow such person and MySmokyMountainTravel group to have, including, but not limited to, credit card and bank account information. In addition, inquiries and messages can be sent to the individual Site Member you selected and to its system. Its customer service team may share such communications with property owners or managers. MySmokyMountainTravel may also from time-to-time, use third-party e-mail servers to send and track receipt of such communications, and analyze the pattern of such communications for trust and security purposes as well as to gather data, such as inquiry and booking data (on an anonymous basis), to assist MySmokyMountainTravel in better understanding its business.
HOW DO MYSMOKYMOUNTAINTRAVEL PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONCE MYSMOKYMOUNTAINTRAVEL HAVE IT?
MySmokyMountainTravel take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no system is completely secure, MySmokyMountainTravel believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce its vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. MySmokyMountainTravel has security measures in place to protect its User database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains your responsibility:
- To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
- To ensure no one else uses the Site while your machine is logged on to the Site (including by logging on to your machine through a mobile, Wi-Fi or shared access connection);
- To log off or exit from the Site when not using it;
- Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network; and
- To maintain good internet security. For example, if your email account or Facebook account is compromised this could allow access to your account with MySmokyMountainTravel if you have given MySmokyMountainTravel those details and/or permitted access through those accounts. If your email account is compromised it could be used to ask MySmokyMountainTravel to reset a password and gain access to your account with MySmokyMountainTravel.
You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts has been compromised you should change your account credentials with MySmokyMountainTravel, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with MySmokyMountainTravel. You should also tell MySmokyMountainTravel as soon as you can, so that MySmokyMountainTravel can try to help you keep your account secure and if necessary warn anyone else who could be affected.
If you have asked MySmokyMountainTravel to share data with third-party sites, however (such as Facebook) their servers may not be secure. Payment card and bank account information may only be stored by its payment processing partners and MySmokyMountainTravel contractually requires them to keep that data secure. MySmokyMountainTravel also uses third-parties to help MySmokyMountainTravel optimize its Site flow, content and advertising (see below).
Note that, despite the measures taken by MySmokyMountainTravel and the third-parties with whom MySmokyMountainTravel engages, the Internet is not secure. As a result, others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
WHAT ARE COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND CLEAR GIFS AND WHY DO MYSMOKYMOUNTAINTRAVEL USE THEM?
You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. MySmokyMountainTravel seeks to be transparent about its cookie use.
MySmokyMountainTravel gathers and shares information concerning the use of the Site by property owners and managers and customers with one or more third-party tracking companies for the purpose of reporting statistics. To do this, some of the pages you visit on its Site use electronic images placed in the web page code, called pixel tags (also called “clear GIFs” or “web beacons”) that can serve many of the same purposes as cookies.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of Users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Its third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site and to help determine how you found the Site. If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website, http://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s website, http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
PHISHING OR FALSE EMAILS
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from MySmokyMountainTravel or a property owner or manager that requests Personal Information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other Personal Information by clicking on a link, then please take notice that said email is likely from someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer”. MySmokyMountainTravel DOES NOT ask for this type of information in an email. DO NOT provide the information or click on the link. Please contact MySmokyMountainTravel at Customer Support at (865) 432-2504 if you get an email like this.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by MySmokyMountainTravel and its related companies to third-parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please use the contact information below.
HOW DO I CORRECT OR UPDATE MY INFORMATION?
If you are a property owner or manager, the best way of seeing any Personal Information processed by MySmokyMountainTravel is to log on to your account by using the ‘Owner Login’ tab at the top of the screen. You can see your basic details and correct or update them there at any time to suit you. MySmokyMountainTravel also wants to give you the opportunity to identify any inaccuracies in any other information MySmokyMountainTravel hold about you. Where possible, if MySmokyMountainTravel is told about the inaccuracy of any Personal Information, MySmokyMountainTravel will make appropriate corrections. You can ask to see, update or amend any information MySmokyMountainTravel hold on you by contacting MySmokyMountainTravel using the information below. MySmokyMountainTravel may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also deleting your User account. You will not be permitted to examine the Personal Information of any other person or entity.
In order to verify your identity, you may be required to provide MySmokyMountainTravel with Personal Information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. MySmokyMountainTravel may not accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if MySmokyMountainTravel believes doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
MySmokyMountainTravel will honor any legal right that you have to access, modify or erase your Personal Information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable state, federal, or national law (outside of the United States), please contact MySmokyMountainTravel using the information below.
HOW DO I OPT-OUT OF RECEIVING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM YOU?
MySmokyMountainTravel will contact you from time-to-time for marketing purposes. Unless you have opted out, this could include contacting you by phone or email.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from MySmokyMountainTravel by the following means:
- Contact MySmokyMountainTravel at Customer Support;
- Follow the instructions included in each communication or newsletter;
- Use the Unsubscribe Function; or call (865) 432-2504
- Mail the request to MySmokyMountainTravel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember that if you change your preferences it may take a short time for those preferences to become effective.
HOW LONG WILL MYSMOKYMOUNTAINTRAVEL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?